Author Topic: Registering as a writer  (Read 15194 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Role: Staff member
Re: Registering as a writer
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 01:08:44 PM »
Adejodan, what exactly do you mean by other considerations? And how a link to continue test can be compared to the quality of the test (of course, if you are talking about the quality).

classact

• Role: Writer
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 01:24:29 PM »
I would like to weigh in on the matter of fines for unreasonable retraction, while it is tangential to the topic it is important. As a new writer I have observed that the time between when an order is posted and its acceptance is very brief. This suggests that persons are not reading the order details. This egregious behavior needs to end. Very often I would see the same order posted later for acceptance with less time. When writers take orders before reading the details it compromises the process and diminishes the overall quality of the company. I support any reasonable measure designed to curtail this practice. Read the details first.

saaars

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 06:31:02 AM »
How long do you take to notify the results after taking the test essay?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 01:24:14 PM »
classact, actually the related topic is here: http://gradelancer.com/index.php?topic=141.15

saaars, ideally it should take not longer then a week for the writer to receive his evaluated essay, however :( we often have delays... right now we are doing everything possible (hiring more editors) so that the process can be fastened and will last only 5-6 days. In September there are big delays and applicants are waiting for quite a bit, however I guarantee that we will catch up very soon.

teni

• smile healthily
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 06:08:50 AM »
Though most new writers find the registration process complex, I may attribute that to diversities in English language as taught in different syllabuses adopted by different countries. The grammar test is based on TOEFL which no matter what cannot be compared to like the Kenyan KCSE. A new writer thus needs to coach himself up to the TOEFL standards or else will never pass the test if you base on your secondary knowledge. I discovered this coz the high school education standards of the orders we find in ac exp are no match to the high school standards of most third world countries.Who in Kenya knew of referencing when in high school?This was taught at the University level!Therefore for one to pass the grammar test, one has to thoroughly coach himself to improve on his language.SORRY IF I HURT SOMEBODY!
boom

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2010, 04:08:58 PM »
Your are right. The education level and system differs from one country to another. It is even differs from one University to another. And our main goal is to hire and keep working with professionals that can meet the international standards  such as TOEFL. And as our experience showes, it is possible to pass our test for writers from third world countries.  It is never too late to learn! :)

sly227

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 09:25:51 AM »
this is directed to admin,

how long does it take to evaluate an application sample. . i have a friend who applied on 21st December 2010 and until now he has not received any feedback on his application status (A WHOLE MONTH LATER). are you not hiring anymore??

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2011, 04:22:45 PM »
Sly227, please, ask your friend to writer an email to vacancy@uvocorp.com and ask what is happening with his sample. Ideally is should not take more than a week to evaluate writer's sample and send it back to writer. Sometimes (when holidays) it may delay, but 7 - 10 days is the most usual time frame it takes.

Ruth

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 08:12:05 PM »
I found the grammar test simple. However, i think the catch is when it comes to writing the essay. I noticed (from my friend's application) that simple things such as punctuation marks make a potential writer miss a great opportunity. Once one has mastered where to place punctuation marks, correct verb use, prepositions, flow of essay, and correct format, then you can be sure to pass the registration process. I was lucky enough to have my essay back without any revisions. Thanks Admin ;)

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2011, 10:25:22 AM »
That's true ruthobo. An applicant has only one attempt to pass the registration process, so he/she should be pretty prepared to get through.

classact

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2011, 12:51:14 AM »
Is any consideration being given to allowing persons who fail before to be given another opportunity after some time has elapsed

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2011, 01:57:43 PM »
You can try to pass the registration process if 5 months have passed after your last registration attempt. We'll not consider any successful registration before. 

classact

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2011, 07:52:16 PM »
ok Thank you, with that information I think the process is balanced and fair.

jess

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2011, 07:52:03 AM »
Please consider limiting new writers now. we are so many competing for a handful of orders. very soon we will become another allwriting.net with 16000 writers and 4 available orders.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2011, 11:43:57 AM »
jess, we hire only professional and well organized writers. From the other side we always "clean" our database from bad writers. Also, the number of orders increases from year to year. This permanent process saves the balance between available orders and writers.
That's why I want to assure you that the limiting of new writers is not necessary.