Author Topic: Registering as a writer  (Read 15195 times)

jess

• Role: Writer
Re: Registration at Uvo/Aca
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 05:48:46 AM »
"........... I believe there is nothing wrong with the earlier system. Of course, the older one isn't perfect. However, the new one isn't better. Nurturing will be the more decisive rather than passing the registration process" Quote from Stephen.

I hope you have read this from This gentleman. Passing the test is simply half the pie. Perseverance and extending the breaking points when you have a 5 page essay in the middle of the night needs no intelligence. You can only nurture such. It is good to insist on perfection in hiring but in the process we might loose talent. One company I know of tried such and now they have few writers and constantly spam mailboxes scavenging for talent. I also started of a layman after some time I have risen the ranks. What is required is a system that restricts brats from spoiling our hard earned standards through a nurturing process not condemning the would be champions who can raise our writing to the next level.
I referred a struggling friend to this company and was surprised she passed all the tests but due to just one mistake- abbreviating the first name of the author instead of the last- the essay was returned without the chance for revision. She got an A for professionalism, B for Linguistic, B for Grammar and cant remember the last grade. This was achieved despite her  being tense and unprepared. For all intents and purposes, she ought to have been given a chance to revise the essay to raise it to higher standards. Instead, she was condemned and lost all interest.
What we need is a system that admits new talent and nurtures it depending on the level of need. You should be careful not to starve the old guards like me! That way, we will be able to beat deadlines and deliver quality.   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 03:31:24 PM by admin »

michael

• Administrator
  • Role: Staff member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 07:56:37 AM »
Ask your friend to contact writers department. i think we can fix this if she had no mistakes and the editor was not correct in judging her.
I doubt that he declined her writing just because of 1 mistake, this sounds a bit exacerbated.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 08:29:43 AM by admin »

Chaks

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 11:39:29 AM »
The system is fine, really fine. I have helped several of my friends pass the test. The company should not endeavor to make the questions simpler, but rather, ensure that the questions really test the grammar. Remember, some months ago, the support team complained of having so many writers bidding for a single order, making it hard for them to select the writer. The ratio was 40:1.

admin

• Administrator
Re: Registering as a writer
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 03:46:26 PM »
There were 2 similar topics concerning registration process. I have locked the less popular one and renamed the current one. Please, keep on sending us your feedback and suggestions.

Chaks

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 06:10:18 AM »
I have heard this concern from those who tried to register, who also, happen to be my friends: that they were simply turned down because they had tried more than once. I think you need to check on this! One may fail the test today, but pass the same test or a different one, tomorrow, would it be fair if such a candidate is rejected. I think that policy is not fair enough.

madscientistsk

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 02:38:08 PM »
I found the grammar test pretty simple, and I had no problem with the registration process other than when I tried to upload my essay, I got errors.  I wrote the essay in two hours, but spent the entire last hour trying to upload the paper.  It still wouldn't go through, the tech support gave me an email address to send the errors and paper to.

Didn't matter in the long run, but it was still annoying.

Stephen

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 12:49:08 PM »
I will be gradually updating the forum and by the end of August (or maybe earlier) all the topics like writing essentials etc. will be filled.
Will also try to include as much info on dissertation writing etc. as I can.
If someone knows good sources that explain and give tips about writing feel free to send us links to writer.support emails.
Please do not post them here though.
Tnx for these, admin, God bless

Pett

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 11:36:56 AM »
If the writer wants to have some practice or doesn't qualify for writing job yet, may be we can do some writing classes in future.Writer will pay the fee and we will improve his writing skills so that he could write for money.domadora

That is an excellent idea! experienced writers can coach new writers via chat during the low season and earn extra cash. I can help you establish a syllabus, all you have to do is ask :)

As for the registration process, I find no fault. A moderately difficult process is essential to sieve out unqualified, ambivalent and flippant individuals leaving Uvo with an exclusive professional class.
Luv'ly day all.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:47:51 AM by Pett »
Join the company of lions rather than assume the lead among foxes. ~ The Talmud

stalker

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 09:20:48 PM »
domadora

A moderately difficult process is essential to sieve out unqualified, ambivalent and flippant individuals leaving Uvo with an exclusive professional class.
Luv'ly day all.
I agree with you, a process that allows every Tom, Dick and Harry will lead to a barrage of customer complaints, followed by a drop in the amount of money the company can charge the customers and finally a departure of the good writers. Unfortunately, a delicate balancing act has to be applied, and that is why I sympathize with admin on this.

Stephen

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 06:48:18 AM »
I don't think selecting writers is the most important problem of the company. I believe that new writers won't be assigned orders relatively large orders right away anyway. My guess is that they would be assigned smaller orders first and then they would be able to prove or fail to prove that they can handle larger orders. My guess is that this technique is the one currently being used by the industry, by all academic writing companies, and this method has proven to reliable. The less skilled will eventually fade away anyway. So, in summary, just keep the application as simple as possible. Sometimes, a potential writer need not undergo all the test. A simple search on the internet on their names can be indicative enough if the potential writer is able to write. God bless
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 07:26:05 AM by Stephen »

classact

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 01:05:02 AM »
I am of the view that the process is excellent. If persons are getting through, then the level of difficulty is such that it allows the company to get the best writers. The strength of the entire system is in the quality of work produced on aggregate. The better the crop of available writers, then the higher the standard and everyone benefits. The only change I would implement is some type of clemency for individuals who have failed , they may be given another opportunity after a year or some other time period. The one shot is a bit challenging. However, if we are seeking the best of the best then shot may not be an errant plan.

Josephine Achieng

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »
I have been trying to register as a new member but after providing my information things are now becomming difficult.I am unable to move on to the next step i.e the language test.please help.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 09:44:30 AM »
I have been trying to register as a new member but after providing my information things are now becomming difficult.I am unable to move on to the next step i.e the language test.please help.
I will inform Kamila to contact you.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010, 10:58:28 AM »
I am unable to move on to the next step i.e the language test.please help.
Dear Josephine,

Please, contact person in charge of new writers and registration process, Alice, via this email: vacancy@uvocorp.com or support@academicexperts.us depending with what web-site you have registered. Be sure to include in this email your name and email address, which you inserted in the registration form.

I hope we will be able to help you continue asap.
Kamila

adejodan

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 11:19:38 AM »
I think something better should be done about the registration process. The link to continue test passing is a welcome development. But other considerations should be given.