Author Topic: CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR DISPUTES HERE  (Read 25615 times)

Pett

• Role: Writer
Re: CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR DISPUTES HERE
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2015, 04:49:21 PM »
Order #84431559 is running into 52 days in dispute status. I wrote to the support team 3 days ago and I was told they were waiting for the customer to reply. My questions are: regarding what exactly is the customer required to reply to? how long should I wait for the customer to reply? what happens if the customer doesn't reply? All the evidence required to resolve the dispute is already in the uploaded documents and notes history. I do not see the need to keep such an order on dispute any longer than necessary especially during this extremely low season. Besides, isn't it policy to resolve disputes in 30 days?
Join the company of lions rather than assume the lead among foxes. ~ The Talmud

Gabriel

• Dispute manager
  • Role: Staff member
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2015, 01:19:17 AM »
Hello guys,

Due to an increase in the number of disputes last season we were overflown by work and thus quite slow on replying.
I am happy to tell you that we are getting some new people to make sure Dispute resolution stays within the 30 day limit.
If not - feel free to contact me via this forum.
~ Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.~

Gabriel

• Dispute manager
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2015, 01:25:21 AM »
By now we should be all caught up with any overdue disputes from the summer months.

I also do ask you to submit an order for my review only if it is up for longer than 30 days.

Thank you for your understanding!

pacoL

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2015, 05:19:31 AM »
I find the ongoing tussle regarding Order #102810085 as highly unfortunate. As I have explained to the customer before, I faced some technical issues on that particular night. Nevertheless, I rectified the paper within the time provided and ensured that it addressed the health care systems in China and the US from the beginning to the end. After the revision, the customer has never expressed dissatisfaction with the paper’s content.

What I find very disturbing and highly mischievous is the customer’s persistent allegations that the revised paper was plagiarized. As an experienced Writer and an informed scholar, I believe the customer completely misses the point as to what plagiarism is. Here is what the customer says:
“I took classes on writing and like the first paper, when you put everything in your own words, you don't need to parenthesis and give credit to the author on that paragraph. But when you take a phrase or a quote from an article, you have to quote it and put in parenthesis the author's name.”
From the first statement, customer implies that I do not have to reference/insert in-text citations for borrowed content that is correctly paraphrased. In customer’s view, only quoted material has to be referenced. Is this REALLY true? Of course not! Paraphrasing other people’s ideas and failing to acknowledge them through the use of in-text citations is undoubtedly a form of plagiarism. As far as I know, this is standard practice across all academic circles. This explains my use of in-text citations in the paper. Please note that the topic of health care systems is not common knowledge. No writer/student can take credit in having absolute understanding of the Chinese and American health systems. That’s why I borrowed ideas from other scholars and cited them appropriately throughout the paper. If this was an opinion paper, I would have surely incorporated my own thoughts as part of the analysis. But as per the customer’s instructions, this was a RESEARCH PAPER.

This message also shocked me.
“The customer has uploaded a valid plagiarism report. Because of plagiarism, the order will be fully refunded. You will not be compensated for the work done. Let me know, if any questions arise.”
For the five years I have worked for the company, I have understood that the Support Team ALWAYS check papers for plagiarism before forwarding them to clients. Was this order an exception? If Admin found any traces of plagiarized content, I would have willingly made changes in the paper. Following the insistent plagiarism claims, I subjected the paper to the Turnitin software. Results? 0% similarity index! So, where is the alleged plagiarism report from the customer? The principles of justice demands that I should at least be provided with this plagiarism report to confirm that I indeed faulted.

While customers are king in any business, I believe it is highly unjustified to deny writers their hard-earned money on unfounded grounds. Clearly, this should not be tolerated by the company.

Lastly, I was also surprised that I received double penalties on this order. The order’s bid was $55. Since the order was put on dispute after I had already been paid, a -$55 balance was effected on my financial page. Later, I realized that another negative transaction of -$55 was introduced in my financial page. So, in total, I have a negative balance of -$110. Why is that the case? If I received no payment since the dispute was resolved in the customer’s favor, why another fine of -$55? 

Gabriel

• Dispute manager
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2015, 11:14:58 AM »
@ pacoL

Have  you read the subject of this forum thread? It is  for OVERDUE disputes only.  The above mentioned order is off dispute and not overdue.

Case specific claims should be either resolved with note within the orders or in communication with the Finance department.

Let us not spam with unrelated messages and value each other's time. Thank you.

cantona

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2016, 10:49:05 AM »
Check orders 124731447 and 125885135

Gabriel

• Dispute manager
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2016, 11:52:37 AM »
cantona both of these disputes are not overdue, we are still working on them.

cantona

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2016, 05:37:06 AM »
Order 125885135 has not been resolved yet.

Riquoz

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2016, 05:44:36 AM »
Hallo,

Hope you are well,

Please check order 123884265. I can see its close to 30 days without a resolution.

Kind regards

Aoro

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2016, 07:01:41 PM »
Order #129570707 dispute unresolved.

cantona

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2016, 04:30:51 PM »
order 125885135 is now 51 days and a resolution is still pending. Dispute department these days does not even respond to our messages

Aoro

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2016, 04:22:59 PM »
 Order #129570707 has been on dispute for more than 45 days. Kindly address the issue. Thank you.

Kwinga

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2016, 04:41:43 AM »
Order #131023372
Kindly check the order above, it has been on dispute status for the last 38 days. Secondly, upon removal from dispute will it still take a month before the dispute rate can be scrapped off?

Kwinga

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2016, 06:03:38 AM »
Order #131023372 on dispute status for 40 days now

Mkay

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2016, 07:36:56 AM »
Order #135488744 on dispute for 31 days.