Author Topic: Registration process  (Read 15089 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Role: Staff member
Registration process
« on: June 08, 2010, 09:59:15 AM »
Dear writers,

We would like to improve the efficiency of our registration process and need your help.
We are aware of the fact that the registration process at our sites has become quite complicated. I would like new writers that had to go through all the steps of registration at Uvocorp or Academicexperts to comment on it:

Was it easy for you?
What exactly did you find hard or superfluous?
Feel free to post your suggestions.
If you have experience of registering at any other freelance writing site, please share it with us.

Ann

• Role: Writer
Re: Registration process
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 01:06:28 AM »
I found the registration process itself to be very easy.  It was actually easier than I would have expected - not necessarily as easy as I have found at other sites, but it was still easy.

I do however still have a number of questions that have popped up since I started working, and I haven't yet found answers to them on the FAQ sheets or forums.  I think at times that the FAQ sheet or forums need a little more information.

For example, how does Uvocorp assign writers to the orders we place bids on?  I think I have placed bids on probably 20 jobs but have only received one.  Is this because I am new or are people underbidding me (I always just leave my bid at what is listed by the company)?

Also, Do we ever find out how we are doing?  I am always curious what kind of grades my papers are getting and about any feedback the customers may have on my work.

Thanks.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »
how does Uvocorp assign writers to the orders we place bids on?
Let's review this questions on the particular example: there is an order, 5-6 writers have placed their bids on it (clicked on the button "place bid" on the order page and it moved to the section: Orders, where I have placed my bid). Operator, from his side, has to decide whom to assign this order, he/she looks on how many orders each of the applied writers has in progress now, who has already done orders in such discipline, or at least, whose disciplines correspond more to the discipline of our order and chooses the writer. The privilege is given to the writer who has less orders in progress, and to the new writers, who completed no or a few orders.

ann1974, remember, that you can pick some orders by yourself, without waiting for the operator to assign you the order (see the topic: Hot Season for more info about picking orders).

Do we ever find out how we are doing?
Yes, you do, customers have a possibility to leave their comments on your job when approving the order (getting final version). Support team usually forwards such notes to the writers. As for the grades, we do not have such service any more, customers can't leave a grade they have received for the paper.

Also, there is continuously working quality control team. The task is to find writers who writes badly, who violates company's rules, who is continuously late, creates disputes, doesn't reply to notes and calls. Such writers are given a warning or are dismissed from their position as a writer. Therefore, be careful!

And for those who write a lot, there are neverending bonuses: 2% of monthly salary if you complete 80+ pages, and 4% if you complete 160+ pages.

caroline

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 02:56:39 PM »

It is very sad that the process of registration has become so complicated as compared to 2 years ago when one was only required to submit a sample previously done. Many writers would borrow samples and send and yet today majority of them are the best writers in the company. My own opinion would be; make the process as simple as it was before. Then new writers should be given probation of one month to prove that they are what they claim to be. Then from there, the company has the right to know who to maintain and who to fire. It’s so sad that every day new graduates with fresh ideas are graduating from good universities but they cannot secure a position as writers in Uvocorp reason being they failed the test. What is more frustrating is that you will never know which question you went wrong.

domadora

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 05:46:12 PM »
Dear Caroline,

Please understand that probation period is not an option for the customers. They pay the money and want to receive a good service. In this situation we are not a training centre for writers, instead we must fulfill customer's expectations by 100%. When the order is given to the writer, it means that the company is already responsible for the quality. We must give the order only to those writers who will definitely do the job. We cannot take 50% chance.
If the writer wants to have some practice or doesn't qualify for writing job yet, may be we can do some writing classes in future. Writer will pay the fee and we will improve his writing skills so that he could write for money. But until the writer is qualified we cannot accept his application.

caroline

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 04:06:31 PM »
Can the registration process produce results of which question one fails as well as the correct answer? That way those applying for writers’ position will go away satisfied if they fail the test since they will be able to know exactly where they went wrong. ;)

michael

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 03:40:24 PM »
Can the registration process produce results of which question one fails as well as the correct answer? That way those applying for writers’ position will go away satisfied if they fail the test since they will be able to know exactly where they went wrong. ;)
No. Changing the application procedure in the way you suggest will enable the applicants to simply study the questions and correct answers. We are not a school, but a job opportunity. We look for professionals. At this point I can see that people with perfect English have no problems passing the test.
We might change the questions in future, but currently i just would like to see as much feedback as i can. Will be easier to make decisions after we collect enough replies.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 03:41:49 PM by admin »

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 03:44:12 PM »
This topic has been locked. You can post your comments in another topic - Registering as a writer  -->>> http://gradelancer.com/index.php?topic=62.15