Author Topic: Educational test for writers  (Read 20654 times)

michael

• Administrator
  • Role: Staff member
Re: Educational test for writers
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 02:37:53 PM »
I think the tests are a good idea,  it has been pointed out that the tests will not be used to demote writers, but if i do not pass a test on the first trial, will this be considered when i apply for advanced status, or look for promotion to higher academic level?
Nope. We do not have individual data for that. Only the general statistics. But even if we did, as I said: the tests are only intended for your improvement. They won't have any effect on your status.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:44:04 PM by michael »

michael

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 02:43:16 PM »
Just launched a new test: Colon vs. Semicolon.
I tried to make it quite uneasy to pass compared to the previous one.
Looking for feedback.
Was it hard or not? Was it interesting or dull? Do you want harder tests?

I have also noticed that if you pass the test with at least one incorrect reply the system demands you to pass the entire test again. Guess its not very comfortable, especially if you have an order waiting for you. Hope they can fix that.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:45:35 PM by michael »

Tony

• Role: Writer
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 06:14:04 PM »
The test was very helpful :)

piusmaundu

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 07:24:06 PM »
Something is certainly wrong with the Educational Test. Apparently the "Submit" button is not working. I have answered the questions (On colon and Semi-colon) severally but when I hit the button, it does not respond. The Education Test page remains staring. ADMIN kindly look into this anomaly ASAP since it prevents me from accessing the other pages in my profile. I cannot even message conventionally.

unangalianini

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 08:03:37 PM »
I am also undergoing the same problem. I have done the questions several times and when i submit my answers the system takes me back to the question page again. What is the problem really?

omusakami

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 08:39:21 PM »
Yes i have really struggled to complete the test.Something is wrong with the system. I cant upload my urgent order....

ASNY90

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 08:45:31 PM »
It works! I just believe the test was too long. It was driving me insane because I was starting to second guess all of my answers! Good job, though, Michael. I had heard of comma splices, but I wasn't sure if they were real or just a story to scare writers before bedtime.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:44:42 AM by ASNY90 »

Lee

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2012, 05:54:06 AM »
Something is not right with the educational test. Apparently the submit button is not working and I am unable to progress to my orders. I have taken the test so many times but I still cant go through. It seems as if the page is frozen. Is it a bug? Please look into this as I already feel locked out from my work.  :(

Shyro

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2012, 06:39:25 AM »
the test is kinda stressing. would i want another 1 like that? no no no

omusakami

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »
A good test would tell the questions answered wrongly.This one has technical hitches..Once you submit the answers it reloads for you to do it again..This is so frustrating..i had an order it must be already late..no communication at all..what is not happening.

michael

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2012, 08:28:33 AM »
alright. thanks for replies.
Sorry for issues. At least now I see what should be changed. Disabling the test for now, you should be able to access your orders in 2 min.
Hopefully they fix the bugs till the next test.

michael

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2012, 08:33:33 AM »
Something is not right with the educational test. Apparently the submit button is not working and I am unable to progress to my orders. I have taken the test so many times but I still cant go through. It seems as if the page is frozen. Is it a bug? Please look into this as I already feel locked out from my work.  :(

Lee, i have passed your test for you, you are able to proceed now.
The problem apparently lies in incorrect answers that you and other writers were giving. If you answer all the questions correct you are fine, the submit button is Ok as well. I will disable the test for all writers now and ask the ITs to add the show incorrect reply function.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2012, 09:37:52 AM »
Dear Writers, thank once again for your comments here. We have discussed this situation with our management team and figured out the solution.
There won't be such guides with 6 questions to answer. The main point of the guide is to show you the rule with couple of examples. To make reading the rule not so boring there will be 1-2 questions, not more, so that you may easily pass them.
The condition that you have correctly answer these 1-2 questions before you may access your orders remains. Taking into account it's a low season and you won't have more than 1 urgent order at at time, 10 minutes for reading the guide and answering several questions is fine.

Another thing that will help you is a schedule: we will publish these guides every Wednesday through the summer. The final point will be a test of 25 questions to compare the results with the first such test.
Please, expect the next guide tomorrow (Jun 27) around 7 am -12 pm GMT time. Next guides will appear on Wednesdays morning (GMT time).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 11:37:34 AM by admin »

U2184

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2012, 03:27:04 PM »
The Educational guide and the tests are very enriching and are highly appreciated.  I pray that the technical glitch/hitches will not happen again since it created frustrations and fears.  Keep up the good work!

michael

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012, 05:49:43 PM »
The Educational guide and the tests are very enriching and are highly appreciated.  I pray that the technical glitch/hitches will not happen again since it created frustrations and fears.  Keep up the good work!
Its not the system bugs m8. As i have figured the writers simply gave incorrect replies. The bitter problem is the way they have programmed the test. It is a bit raw:/
Like, if you give an incorrect reply to at least 1 question you gotta reply to all questions again and it doesn't specify where did you have that mistake. Basically its not a bug, but its just uncomfortable... and they won't change it until the hot season.
I'll just keep making the test shorter. 2, 3 questions max. from now on. Once the ITs can fix the way the test system operates I'll try to make those tests hard enough to be interesting.