Author Topic: The policy on disputes should be revised and updated  (Read 13040 times)

sphinx

• Everything in time. Just be patient.
  • Role: Writer
The policy on disputes should be revised and updated
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:58:31 AM »
Complaint & suggestion:

Although I understand the value of quality assurance in business, I fail to see why the admin should allow customers to dispute our papers without offering any clear explanation as to why they’re dissatisfied. I now have two orders on dispute status and I don’t know what the customer found to be the problem in any of them – all I’ve gotten so far is the vague response that the customer was not satisfied with the work done and that I will be informed of the progress.

It has now been more than one month since the first order was set on dispute and nothing seems to be happening; I fear that this is what is also going to happen with the second order, which was set on dispute yesterday night.

Your guide on disputes indicates that the DD sends notes and messages to writers and customers upon such disputes, but I am yet to see this for my orders. In my view, the customer should be asked to say why s/he is dissatisfied with a particular paper, ask for (or demand) an explanation from the respective writer, request a revision if still dissatisfied with the writer’s explanation, and then perhaps dispute the paper when these other avenues prove futile.

I am not one to discount the rigors of running a business and will thus not start posting snide remarks about the DD. I, however, ask the admin to also consider the implications of these “automatic” disputes, and the subsequent delays in their resolution, to our work as writers.

Gabriel

• Dispute manager
  • Role: Staff member
Re: The policy on disputes should be revised and updated
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 01:15:48 PM »
Dear Sphinx,

It is perfectly normal for the customers to be able to dispute their orders  - it is a business and it  works this way for other services as well. As soon as we receive their explanation we are able to notify you. Sometimes it takes more time to get a clear reply from them. And sometimes we even have to deal with their banks and lawyers due to their dissatisfaction with the writers' work, which might take even a little longer.

We do appreciate your patience on this matter. Please remember that if the paper is perfectly fine and the dispute was not caused by you you will receive some kind of compensation.

I would also like to remind our writers that they can write a note to the admin and ask for Dispute department's reply and we will try to get back to you.

You can write  the order IDs of your two orders and I will try to tell you the approximate time-frame of their resolution.
~ Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.~

sphinx

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 02:03:10 PM »
Thank you very much, Gabriel, for your response. Foremost, I totally understand that customers are entitled to dispute their orders if the quality of work done is demonstrably below their set standards, considering the initial agreements and fees paid. Nevertheless, I think that you, in the DD, are not taking me as a writer into consideration when you allow the customer to automatically dispute the paper without giving me a chance to fix it – like, say, through a revision. Can the mistake really be that grave, beyond any form of rectification?

I guess all I am trying to say is that I do not quite understand how disputes are supposed to work. Do they only apply after the paper has been graded by the respective instructor or what, because this seems to be the only probable cause for such a rash decision on the customer’s part? Please assist.

The orders in question here are:

1.   Order #2506048
2.   Order #2529651

Gabriel

• Dispute manager
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »
Dear Sphinx,

Trust me, whenever a revision is possible we do our best to make sure to persuade the customer to give us another chance. However in most of the cases the situation may not be fixed even if the customer wanted it - the deadline for submission is missed, etc. So I do advice to make sure that the papers you complete do not need any revisions.

1.   Order #2506048  will be closed by the end of the next week. The customer's complaint was rather vague, after the paper gets re-evaluated the dispute will be closed.

2.   Order #2529651 is still being reviewed, I have forwarded some of the customer's feedback to you - they have quite specific complaints.

I hope my reply was helpful.

sphinx

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 03:45:43 PM »
Your responses are very much appreciated. I am especially glad to note that the dispute about Order #2506048 will be resolved by the end of next week. As for the other one, I have not seen any of the forwarded complaints. Have you sent them to my email or are they on the order interface itself?

As for ensuring that my papers are perfect, I believe it’s only fair to say that sometimes mistakes can be made no matter how hard we try  :). This is not an excuse, all I am saying is that, given the chance, we can try and work them out. I am always more than willing to address any of my customers’ concerns, complaints and/or queries since I want them all to be satisfied with my work.

Thank you ever so much, Gabriel, for your assistance and your time.

sphinx

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »
I’ve just seen the note. Thank you. I must say, though, those are things that can be addressed through a revision, but I guess it’s up to you at the DD :)

kip09

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 10:41:10 AM »
Gabriel I have the same problem, 4 orders were disputed within a period of one month, 2 of them were other writer's revisions, 1 was a customer's request and 1 was an order I took it myself. The order numbers include 2530654, 2526791, 2525092, 2519843. Please try resolve these cases because the customers did not provide any explanation.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »
Gabriel, where is Michael?
jess, Michael was on vacation, but now he is available at  writers.department@uvocorp.com and Quality Assurance Department (internal message system).

olive

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 05:34:38 AM »
I also have four orders on dispute. Two of them were paid for a while before they went on dispute and I have been offered no reason by customers as to why the orders were on dispute. Just logging into my account and seeing four orders on dispute seriously dampens my morale. I hope dispute department works on quick resolution.

sphinx

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 04:27:23 AM »
Gabriel> Order #2506048 is still on dispute. This is the issue you said would be resolved by the end of last week. Please assist. Thank you.

Gabriel

• Dispute manager
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 12:00:29 PM »
sphinx 2506048 is now closed, it was in our closing schedule but we did not yet get to it, so I closed it personally a couple of minutes ago.

Gabriel

• Dispute manager
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 12:14:43 PM »
Dear kip09

2530654, 2526791, 2525092, 2519843.

2530654 - we are still negotiating with the customer, so far we only have Does not contain all the things required.

2526791 - is still active, it was opened  on June 4th.

2525092  - is now closed.

2519843 - the sources were not done in MLA format, we are currently trying to settle for a partial refund. Your bid is likely to be lowered.  Dispute is still in progress.

sphinx

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 12:44:50 PM »
Thank you, Gabriel. How about Order #2529651?

Gabriel

• Dispute manager
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 01:07:57 PM »
Thank you, Gabriel. How about Order #2529651?

Closed as well.

sphinx

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 02:25:44 PM »
Thanks a lot, Gabriel. Your swift responses are a real morale booster.