Author Topic: Measures to Prevent Invalid Phone Numbers  (Read 2839 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Role: Staff member
Measures to Prevent Invalid Phone Numbers
« on: February 29, 2012, 07:53:33 AM »
We continue to receive complaints from our Support Team regarding writer's incorrect and not valid phone numbers. Please go through your Profile and apply necessary changes to your phone numbers. Feel free to use the additional field for alternative phone number in case you have one.

Starting from 15 March 2012 we will "freeze" phone number fields and forbid any changes without admin's confirmation. After that we will be forced to fine/suspend writers in case of wrong or not in use phone numbers.

Make sure you have a valid phone number with correct country/area codes.

sphinx

• Everything in time. Just be patient.
  • Role: Writer
Re: Measures to Prevent Invalid Phone Numbers
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 08:33:01 AM »
This is a good topic indeed. I wish to say that sometimes I get emails to the effect that the support team tried to reach me via phone but was unable, therefore I should return the call, despite my phone having been on the whole time. What about the connectivity issue? I think this is a legitimate concern - both on our side and yours. Sometimes my provider(s) may be experiencing problems, or perhaps your IP network may be at fault - these are both plausible cases. I trust that this is a constructive contribution to the topic. Your thoughts :)

ketty

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 04:27:37 AM »
The issue on phone numbers must be dealt with delicately. There are number of times when support team calls and you find that we cannot understand each other due to network problems, as a result, you receive an email that "we have been trying to contact you.....". Similarly, on some occasions the phone is on the signal is clear" according to me" but if you are on line and happen to check your email, you find a message 1, 2, 3, 4 or five minutes ago that the support team has been trying to reach you. Therefore, i would recommend that the admin deals with the issue in a manner that is fair to all by truly establishing if the number is not working, or there is a network problem amongst other issues.
Thanks

janky

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:56:41 PM »
I agree with Ketty, it happens with me all the time as well. I am online, my cell phone's signal is okay, but I receive an e-mail saying 'I missed a call' or something....!

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 05:15:22 PM »
guys, thank you for your comments. We will not fine or suspend your account in case of weak signal, fault of IP network, misunderstanding with Support Team or any other network problems. We have a statistic of every call and it is clear when the number is inactive or it is simply temporary unavailable. If we manage to reach you from time to time, no one will fine/suspend your account.

cassy

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 07:35:36 PM »
Sometimes I receive the phone call and we understand each other very well with the support team. However, I am sometimes/always shocked to see the "Return call" mail. Is it automated or what?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 10:40:34 AM »
cassy, yes. The return mail is automatically generated with/after every call.