Author Topic: Fines  (Read 6703 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Role: Staff member
Re: Fines
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 04:04:46 PM »
teni, did this happen to you? If so, you should contact Michael via writers.department@uvocorp.com and explain your situation. We consider every issue separately, as each case is unique.

Billymw

• Role: Writer
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 06:48:56 AM »
Order# 2332897 is an Example of those orders you get in trouble with plagiarism, its English literature and seems easy because all you're required to do is to have analysis of a poem. The plag-detect software literally considers you own wording as plagiarism in addition to intext citation
,and there goes your 25%fine, am still waiting a fine compensation for order. Plz consider it removed, its all I have doing this season is clearing off My fines complications,  sometimes when you're working on orders you become so much engaged, time lapses faster just to realize you late with an order, it happens! unfortunately, its hard to understand all other challenges that individual writers go through, a request from a writer is never a plausible excuse but very much genuine in nature.

Ruth

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 07:21:16 AM »
Why was i fined for order number 2334496? The customer returned it for revision two times yet there was no mistake in the document. The customer later on approved the original document but took long to respond to my note when i asked for clarification. I would appreciate if the fine was removed since i think it is unfair. Support if fully aware of the problems i had with the document so i fail to understand why they placed the fine.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 12:58:35 PM »
Ruth and Billymw, as I have told you before, the Support Team doesn't remove the fines so you have to request fine removal from your Financial Overview page. The person in charge will consider it and get back to your with a feedback within nearest time possible.

Billymw, If you have any disputes with plagiarism software, plagiarized orders and formatting questions your need to find a clarification with Michael at writers.department@uvocorp.com .

geoffrey06

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »
I received a fine in Order #2331067 due to plagiarism. However, the area highlighted as plagiarized was an source title in the references section. I requested for a fine removal and it was rejected  basing on the fact that the fine was imposed by the system. Does the automatic plagiarism scan software scan the whole document including the references where some details can never be altered?. Am i also justified to request a fine removal ?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 03:29:57 PM »
geoffrey06, i have checked the above mentioned order. I have personally wrote to Alice and asked to remove the fine. We are sorry for any inconveniences caused.

classact

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »
So get this, I was fined automatically for an order that I applied for but did not accept. I still can't understand that. Could someone please explain how that is possible. I agree I applied for the order it was assigned to me. Unfortunately, I did not have computer access and so I could not accept it. The time passed and I was fined the entire sum of the order. How is that fair? I was of the view that if an order is not accepted in a timely fashion then it would be reassigned, not that you would wait until the time passes and then fine the writer.  I generally find that the companies policies are reasonable this one however has me baffled.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 02:28:09 PM »
classact, please give me the order number you are talking about or write a detailed email to writers.department@uvocorp.com. Admin will surely assist you with your issue.

classact

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 01:18:13 PM »
This is the order number Order #2353700 I would appreciate any assistance that could be provided on this issue. Thank you

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »
classact, In this situation both sides were wrong. Support Team's fault is that they waited too long to reassign you, as they should done it during the first day.
On the other hand, we count on you when you place a bid and hope that you'll complete an order on time. We have tried to reach you twice via phone, but unsuccessfully. Because of this circumstances, we were late with the order and the customer was not not very happy about this.
I consulted with Support Team regarding this issue, and we decided to reduce the fine in half. It is a necessary disciplinary measure and I really hope for your understanding.

classact

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 02:22:16 PM »
I am thankful for your intervention in the matter. Unfortunately for some time I was out of communication as I was in transit. You have addressed my concern in a useful manner. Again, thank you.

cassy

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2011, 10:48:28 AM »
regarding order number 2360922, a fine has been imposed on me twice. yet i did not take the order twice. why?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2011, 12:53:49 PM »
cassy, seems like it was a technical error and the system imposed the fine twice. I have asked Payment admin to remove the second fine. We sorry for any inconveniences caused.

cassy

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 12:27:01 PM »
thank you for the information.