Author Topic: Fines  (Read 6704 times)

pmalonza

• Role: Writer
Fines
« on: May 13, 2011, 06:24:00 AM »
I am surprised by the way the payments department is imposing fines. Over the last one week, I have been fined $29.50 in circumstances that I caanot understand. My big question is, do the payment department consult the support team before imposing any fines? Fisrt scenario; order no. 2320548, the paper required more time to coplete and I therefore requested dealine extension, a fine of -$4 is imposed. I try to seek why because deadline extension is allowed and the answer I get is that I caused th fine by requesting the extension.  I go ahead finish the paper it is approved and appears in my payment report. After two days the paper is set on revision status, I inform the support team that I cant work on the paper for the next 8 hrs so if the revision is urgent, I urge them to consider reassigning it, they dont reassign the order and instead a -$12 fine is imposed. Scenario two, order no. 2317695 completed on May 10th 2011 and apporoved then inckuded on my payment report. On may 13tha fine of -$3 is imposed for late revision it is not on my revision orders and on the same day the order appears as completed. Am just left wondering on hoe these fines are imposed. I accept genuine fines like fine imposed on MArch 6th on order no. 2281587. I did not contest this fine as I know i bear the blame for its lateness. But for all the other fines, I think the payment team is denying me what is rightfully mine by deducting me unacceptable fines. Since I have made my case with them with no assistance coming from them, I need someone to help me lodge a formal complain to the agency's dispute department.

Thank you,

No personal information please.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:06:07 PM by admin »

admin

• Administrator
  • Role: Staff member
Re: Fines
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 12:30:55 PM »
pmalonza, the payment department doesn't impose any fines. You can receive fines from our Support Team or automatically system fines (lateness, plagiarism, wrong format).
The payment department can only review and remove your fines.

2320548. When you place your bid or take an order you automatically agree with the initial deadline and compensation. It is your responsibility to deliver the completed work on time, without deadline extension. It is not a crime to request a deadline extension, however, sometimes it is impossible because of customer's deadline. You have requested the deadline extension for this order twice. The second
extension has been requested when order was already late, that is why you receive 5% lateness fine.
2317695. Here you can request the fine removal. The paper was already approved so you should press "request for removal" button at your Financial Overview page. Just explain the situation to our payment admin.

Valery1234

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 05:59:10 PM »
So here is a new situation. I took an order that was for an edit. Not a big deal right? The customer wanted the paper reorganized but that was it (no new info or anything). After I did this I uploaded the paper. About a half an hour later I got a phone call that the paper was plagarized. Although I already sent a request for the fine to be removed it made me wonder why papers are checked for plagarizism when they are submitted for edits or adding pages?
Val

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 01:30:05 PM »
Hi, valery13. Please, give me the order number, so I will be able to assist you. Maybe you have missed the note from support team that the paper was plagiarized by the previous writer? Nevertheless, I need the order number to check it.

Valery1234

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 06:17:18 PM »
Hi Admin,
It was Order #2321553, its already been approved and the fiancial department removed the fine really quick. Lol I just thought it was weird that someone would submit something plagarized for an edit. Initally, I thought it was the quotes coming from the customer but when I actually looked at it quite a bit was plagarized.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 01:40:54 PM »
All's well that ends well :) Never hesitate to contact Support Team members or request fine removal if it was really unfair.

David

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 01:04:49 PM »
Hallo,
I have at some instances requested for fine compensation but told that if the fine was set by the system it cannot be compensated.At the same time ,the system offers the option to request for fine removal,how come?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 02:18:56 PM »
David, if the fine was really unjust we can remove it in any way. It doesn't matter that the fine has been set by the system. Sometimes, we have problems with the system, so you may be late because of our mistake. Never hesitate to explain the situation to Alice in fine removal form.

rexstar

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 07:46:51 PM »
I also have problems with the automatic 'plagiarism detect software'. The system seems to be either obsolete or out of control. Every order I submit is alleged to be plagiarised but later considered to be as a result of a mistake by the 'system' by the support team. However, every time this happens, the support team seems to be adding up all this instances as warnigs. :'( I just want some clarification on whether this is an indirect way of putting blame on me, or is the support department unable to solve the system error, in the 'plagiarism detect software'. Am concerned because I heard someone complain that they had their account closed bacause of the same mistake of the system. :o

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 11:28:51 AM »
rexstar, we never close an account without a strong reason. Sometimes, we really experience some technical problems with our software, and I do apologize for any inconveniences and misunderstanding. You can always explain your situation to Support Team or Alice via fine removal system. We do not consider any fines or complaints in the system, if the case has been caused by our fault.

Sue

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 11:27:02 PM »
I am also concerned about the plagiarism software. Firstly, it checks everything including the reference page which would off course appear plagiarized since other writers may have used similar references. Secondly, even when the fine for plagiarism is removed, the plagiarism warning is not removed. I have received 2 warnings, all which were unjustified: given that the first plagiarism was from the customer's draft while the second was from the reference page of a paper I had written. Good for me the fines were removed. However, I don't want to anticipate the consequences of the plagiarism warnings. I wonder what the admin can do about this because at least I presume that when your account has been closed then you may not have a chance to explain yourself. I think the issue needs to be addressed.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 07:59:29 AM »
You can explain the situation to our quality assurance department even after account closure. Moreover, I have had a conversation with Michael regarding this problem. He told me that Quality Control Department never considers automatic plagiarism and lateness records during account evaluation.

classact

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »
When evaluating an account how do you consider the fines and other negative sanctions that were eventually removed from the writers account?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 11:38:45 AM »
classact, we do not consider any removed fines or negative sanctions, if it was really not your fault.

teni

• smile healthily
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 04:15:11 AM »
The how commes some accounts are disabled and reason given for the discontinuation is an order whose  the so called plagiarised sentenses were only quotes from the book
boom