Author Topic: Progressive Delivery working process.  (Read 4787 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Role: Staff member
Progressive Delivery working process.
« on: March 22, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »
Hi guys.
In orders with Progressive Delivery service we noticed a tendency that writers do not follow the number of pages they must upload. Such papers are written by parts and every section should correspond to the number of pages marked in the schedule. This requirement must be strictly followed otherwise you risk being underpaid for work. We can allow 2 pages more or 2 pages less, but if the paper is too short or too long the order will be set on revision with minimal deadline. Mind that revision will be set if the paper is longer then needed as well!
Also when you upload files please remember to write a clear comment. It should notify the Admin and the customer which part of the paper this file represents.
If you follow this requirements handling Progressive Delivery orders will become easier and more organized. You cooperation in this matter is much appreciated.

muhafidh19

• Role: Writer
Re: Progressive Delivery working process.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 05:08:40 PM »
This guidance is ambiguous. Please clarify what you mean by "page." Do you mean the total number of words divided by 275, or do you mean the total number of pages that the current formatting happens to produce? Also, do you mean to include the developing bibliography, appendices, and footnotes? If there is a penalty associated with exceeding the requirement, clearly we must have a more precise definition; otherwise, in trying to avoid exceeding, we may fall short by some other definition and receive a penalty anyway.

I have been going a few pages beyond the minimum due each time to make sure I have at least the right number of words. In your FAQ guidance, you have defined a page as 275 words. Therefore, I think the customer may be expecting that. In addition, in your other guidance, you have not counted bibliographies or appendices as part of the length of the paper.

It seems to me that there is no need to penalize going over the limit. If someone, say, submits a partial draft of 70 pages instead of 60 (regardless of whether it includes the developing bibliography or other material), he has met the criterion. If, then, in the next iteration he submits a partial draft of 90 pages, he has still met the next criterion, even though he only had to write 20 more pages to get there.

The logical purpose of the progressive delivery schedule is not to slow down the work; it is to ensure that it is proceeding at a sufficiently rapid pace to minimize the risk of failing to meet the final deadline. A penalty for going beyond the minimum requirement is therefore illogical.

Harold.Spinner

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 06:06:43 PM »
Well, Progress delivery is a welcome idea, the only challenge is if once i am assigned such order to be notified the final fee in advance. I may have been victim of underpayment now i know. Thank you

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 11:54:31 AM »
In the orders with PD customers pay in parts, the work is written in parts and the payment is issued in parts respectively. You are assigned to the full bid but it is split in sevelar payments which you can receive when the customer approves part by part. Feel free to ask more questions about PD

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 01:39:54 PM »
Dear muhafidh19,

As per our standard the page equals to 275 words. Appendixes, bibliography, title page, table of contents are not included onto the page count.

There will be no penalty and no fine, we will simply set it on revision for the minimum time!

Valery1234

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 02:04:35 PM »
Hi!
So its more by word count than where the order lands on the page? I just wanted to make sure. So lets say a ten page order should come out to 2750 words (without references, title page)?

muhafidh19

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 09:19:04 PM »
Thanks; that clarifies it: To reach a 25-page goal, one simply makes sure to write 6,875 words, excluding title page, table of contents, bibliography, and appendices. The rule of staying within 2 pages of the goal therefore means that the actual number of words must be between between 6,325 and 7,425 words if the goal is 25 pages.

I take it that the word count must also exclude footnotes, because the most common kind of footnote is a bibliographic reference. Explanatory footnotes, however, can be very lengthy in certain kinds of documents, such as history theses and dissertations. My current approach to explanatory footnotes is to save most of these for the final draft.

michael

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 06:46:36 AM »
...Please clarify what you mean by "page." Do you mean the total number of words divided by 275, or do you mean the total number of pages that the current formatting happens to produce?
Both. Whenever you do not need to make graphs, insert images etc. your essay should consist of pages filled with words, around 275 per page.
Title pages, abstracts, content pages, footnotes, appendices and bibliography do not count. You are paid for context pages.
Sometimes you might find that the order you completed is quite full enough, despite it lacks (or exceeds) the required amount of pages. You have to add pages or reduce the paper to fit the requirement. Such is your fate of a freelance MSWord mercenary:) you have to abide by the customer's demands:/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 06:49:36 AM by michael »

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 02:23:54 PM »
It is of course natural that the number of words can very a bit. Let's say you are writing a paper on statistics and must include a couple of tables, those tables would definitely reduce the word count however taking a full page to display. Same things with graphs and images.

However that does not mean that you can stuff the paper with tables and pictures with just little of writing, no!

The main criteria remains the word count. Since every paper is treated individually we can accept minor deviation. Nevertheless always try to be precise.

Valery1234

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 06:52:39 PM »
I have a question about delivery in general. I was wondering from the customer's end do they get some kind of notification that we uploaded the order? I was just wondering as some seem to accept the orders real quickly while others seem to wait a while. I mean I know they know when they set the deadline for but if we upload early can they tell?
Val

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »
I have a question about delivery in general. I was wondering from the customer's end do they get some kind of notification that we uploaded the order? I was just wondering as some seem to accept the orders real quickly while others seem to wait a while. I mean I know they know when they set the deadline for but if we upload early can they tell?
Val

This is a good question. Yes, customers are informed when the part of the order is being delivered. Sometimes they take more time to review the order or simply have no time to send us comments. In such situations it is better to write a note to support and they will call the customer and ask to approve the part of the order faster and provide furtherer comments.