Author Topic: Revisions: Lesson well learnt  (Read 5781 times)

Sue

• Role: Writer
Revisions: Lesson well learnt
« on: November 14, 2010, 07:01:23 AM »
Recently, I tried to capitalize on simple orders by taking revisions which only required a few things e,g correct the grammar, add an introduction etc. I have learnt that one must exercise a high level of caution when taking revisions that have been reassigned from other writers. Unsatisfied customers or maybe just problemetic customers will keep asking for revisions on things they did not state when you took the revision so you end up doing a lot than u originally expected.  Always check whether the previous writer followed all instructions. Notably any revision will now come to you even if the writer wants the whole paper changed! And the pay....offcource won't match the required efforts. Owe unto you if you take a shoddily written paper to apparently earn some quick dollars becoz revisions will keep coming. such customers also take long to respond and pay unless the order was really urgent. In my opinion, I'd rather take a fresh order from now on. Most of my revisions have been revisions from other people's revisions nkt! Don't wanna compromize my credibility coz I know I do a good job.

Pett

Re: Revisions: Lesson well learnt
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 05:46:35 PM »
Recently, I tried to capitalize on simple orders by taking revisions which only required a few things e,g correct the grammar, add an introduction etc. I have learnt that one must exercise a high level of caution when taking revisions that have been reassigned from other writers. Unsatisfied customers or maybe just problemetic customers will keep asking for revisions on things they did not state when you took the revision so you end up doing a lot than u originally expected.  Always check whether the previous writer followed all instructions. Notably any revision will now come to you even if the writer wants the whole paper changed! And the pay....offcource won't match the required efforts. Owe unto you if you take a shoddily written paper to apparently earn some quick dollars becoz revisions will keep coming. such customers also take long to respond and pay unless the order was really urgent. In my opinion, I'd rather take a fresh order from now on. Most of my revisions have been revisions from other people's revisions nkt! Don't wanna compromize my credibility coz I know I do a good job.

Ditto that
Join the company of lions rather than assume the lead among foxes. ~ The Talmud

Harold.Spinner

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 09:58:22 AM »
My support... True, Customers really nagging... What can be done?

admin

• Administrator
  • Role: Staff member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 04:07:38 PM »
Hi Guys, I understand your disturbance and agree that some customers may be very nagging. However, no one has insurance for "bad" customers and you can easily get him even if you are writing a paper from the very begging. On the other side, you can write a revision for a really sane customer and get your fast and easy pay :)

Valery1234

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 05:20:06 PM »
mmm. I think it really depends. I have had good and bad experiences with revisions. A lot of the times they are the customers you described. However, I can think of this one order I did a while back where the customer outline the corrections that needed to be made. I did the corrections and he/she kept asking for revisions. I sent a note to admin and the order got changed to delivered and I got paid pretty quickly afterward. Although one thing I find frustrating is that when I do a revision and the customer never picks it up. I have done revisions and sent notes to customers and they never accept it or repsond (I'm guessing they get frustrated and give up).

bhavnapatole

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
mmm. I think it really depends. I have had good and bad experiences with revisions. A lot of the times they are the customers you described. However, I can think of this one order I did a while back where the customer outline the corrections that needed to be made. I did the corrections and he/she kept asking for revisions. I sent a note to admin and the order got changed to delivered and I got paid pretty quickly afterward. Although one thing I find frustrating is that when I do a revision and the customer never picks it up. I have done revisions and sent notes to customers and they never accept it or repsond (I'm guessing they get frustrated and give up).

hmm revisions have their good and bad experiences, personally, the clients do take time to pick up revisions, but seriously its good money and i really dont mind rewriting , one of my best  appreciative comments came from a rewrite .. so happy for now