Author Topic: EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS ON NEW ORDERS: A REQUEST TO THE ADMIN  (Read 14517 times)

Anthony

• Role: Writer
EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS ON NEW ORDERS: A REQUEST TO THE ADMIN
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:43:12 AM »
Email notification is a useful component of the Uvocorp communication system. However, I have noted that this function is limited; it informs only about new notes posted, new order(s) assignment, new files uploaded, and such. However, it lacks one of the aspect that I find critical to the nature of this work: That is the notification on new orders available on the panel. I guess it is important if there is an email notification on the new orders available - a notification when a new order is posted by the admin. My fellow writer and the administrators, what do you think about this suggestion?

Antony

sphinx

• Everything in time. Just be patient.
Re: EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS ON NEW ORDERS: A REQUEST TO THE ADMIN
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 08:21:20 AM »
I think that such a move would clutter the inbox, unnecessarily so. It's good enough that the admin seems to have eased up on the notifications altogether. Only urgent information should be emailed, like newly assigned orders, revisions, missed calls and customers' notes.

Anthony

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 08:35:32 AM »
But it is better if that option is available so that if ones want the notification, he or she receives it. I mean option are provided where one can choose the type of notification to receive. For instance, you could choose to receive the urgent messages and leave out on new orders. So if you don't need to clutter your inbox you just don't subscribe. Hope you get me.

Stephen

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 12:54:52 PM »
I don't think email notification would clutter the inbox. Even free emails allow you to organize messages.

admin

• Administrator
  • Role: Staff member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 10:11:04 AM »
Thanks for your thoughts.
We had this discussion here already, but ok.
I will inform IT dep to include the option to check which types of messages to receive to the email and to see on the home page. Hope they will do something.

jamka04

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 05:22:15 AM »
i think the email notification for new orders is not a good idea.it is easier go to the order page directly, and check whether there is a new order posted, than first going to mails and then to order page.emails should be reserved solely for urgent issues regarding orders a writer is/should be working on.

Anthony

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 09:26:31 AM »
jamka04, please let me inform you why an email notification is better. if you have used any of the popular messengers like google chat or yahoo messenger, then you would understand how the feauture we are suggesting is important. one would be able to see a summary of the posted order even before logging to either the email or uvocorp panel. So that saves time and one can focus on an order he or she is working on.
In fact, having to log on to the system each and every time where one has to type the email address and password just to find there is no new order is irritating and demotivating. So my collegues, please let embrace technology; it has saved pple and organization a lot of time and money

Andrew

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »
I think that such a move would clutter the inbox, unnecessarily so. It's good enough that the admin seems to have eased up on the notifications altogether. Only urgent information should be emailed, like newly assigned orders, revisions, missed calls and customers' notes.
I believe you would definitely receive way too many emails if you want to be notified about EACH order published. A good solution to that, from my perspective, is to add a filter that will allow you to choose certain disciplines, and amount of pages for orders you want to be notified of.
The other idea I had in mind, more concerning Dissertation orders, is to notify each writer(who applied for certain order) that the order was given to another writer. In such way you will not have to keep checking on this orders as some of them take a while to be assigned. Do you think that would be useful?

Stephen

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 10:17:05 AM »
I may be out of topic here. I thought this was about an order assigned to a writer. In my view, a writer should have an email that a certain order was assigned to him/her. I agree that it is not practical to have an email for every order (unless the order is assigned to the writer). Besides, the company has the right to be mum about how many orders the company has received. Business secrets are alright in the business world.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 03:45:24 PM by Stephen »

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 12:59:43 PM »
In my view, a writer should have an email that a certain order was assigned to him/her.
Such notification already exists, as well as a writer is informed with any changes which are done inside the order assigned to him/her.

What I would suggest is to have such email notifications about new coming orders during low season, and then, when hot season comes, with more than a hundred orders available all the time, to switch off this function. As hot season will be starting very soon, think this will be implemented, in the winter, not earlier.

Anthony

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 07:57:15 AM »
the beauty of such a notification is that you would opt in if u don't mind several emails in your inbox and opt out if min

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 03:56:40 PM »
FYI: Such option wouldn't create a mess in your inbox, as you can create filters for your incoming emails (by definite words or sender email), and the messages from us will go to the separate label, rather than to the inbox. This option is for sure available on gmail.

However we didn't implement this option, as many writers can't take say Masters and Ph.D. papers, they have a limit up to University level. So, when the order is published, some writer can view it, but can't apply for it. And if this writer receives emails with new orders, this will be partly of no use for him/her. So the more complicated system has to be done here, which will be sensitive to each writer and his/her limitations and will send only those orders which suit this writer. We will take into account this feature for future, however right now our IT department has other more important tasks to do.

janky

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 10:58:29 AM »
Yeah e-mail notifications should be started again. I appreciated knowing which orders were coming in and which I missed out due to not being logged in on the uvo website.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 05:01:08 PM »
janky, I guess we can start implementing this feature after this spring Hot Season.

charlonzy

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 06:27:46 AM »
Let your automated email notifications have customer comments for revision or actual messages!! Empty notification does not help much!